Monday, January 12, 2009

Painting

I only produced 4 paintings. Unfortunately, I lost records and photos because of the flood that destroys some of my earlier files. It includes my work samples in my time at an advertising agency. The only recollection I got are the titles:

1. Title: Cross Culture (in mixed media, 1991) - I was recognized by Cultural Center of the Philippines through this painting because among the amateurs that submitted, I was told that I was among the chosen few who has been given the break to exhibit my work. Later, my work was taken by the national artist himself named BenCab (the organizer of Baguio Arts Festival) and was displayed among the works of the known artist. My work was never bought and it was returned to me after the exhibit date, because I did not put any price tag on it. I was glad I had that experienced and I donated the painting to Metropolitan Museum of Manila. I do not know if they will give attention to my work because I am unknown. Nonetheless, I still left it there and donated it.

2. Title: Amazing Grace (Mixed watercolor and ink, 2000) - it reflects my being a graphic designer then. But it was unorthodox as I mixed my unique version of caligraphy and drawn images. I no longer remember where I archived it.

3. Title: Untitled (Acrylic on Canvass) - it's an abstract painting I left at Metrobank.

4. Title: Cross Culture too (Oil on Canvass) - it's an abstract painting I left at Metrobank.


I don't have formal eduction on painting but have tried eventhough.

No comments: